The Valley


I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
       The chain of Satan wrapped ‘round my neck.
             It rubs and chafes and splits my skin,
                     My soul asunder, my heart a wreck.

My tears no longer leave a trail,
       My throat is dry, I cannot wail.
             The flame of hope flickers low within,
                     It gasps for breath in a stone cold jail.

Which path goes up? Which path goes down?
        What road leads in? What road leads out?
               I feel my mind engulfed in sin.
                     “Help!” I scream. “Send aid!” I shout.

Though I travel through the valley of death,
         I fear no evil, screeching breath.
               My soul is Yours, You dwell within.
                      My comfort is Your rod and staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alone

  They judged me to be judgy As I sat there in silence drinking in the intriguing chatter  They judged me to be judgy As my face does not re...